Alhamdulillah, we are pleased that you are considering Ihsan School of Excellence, Syracuse’s only full-time, private Islamic school serving Preschool to 8th Grade.
Our Administrators and school board work with prospective families to enroll students who will flourish and thrive within our exceptional religious and academic programs. We provide highly personalized guidance throughout the admissions process. Please read this page thoroughly and find any required forms on the left. (Contact the school at 315-472-5040 if you require assistance!)
The school does not discriminate in enrollment on the basis of race, age, gender, religion, or national origin.
We reserve the right to decline admission to students for the following reasons, which are not considered inclusive of all reasons justifying denial of admission:
1) If a student requires special education instruction (emotional, behavioral, or academic) beyond the purview of the school's capabilities or capacity.
2) If a student requires English as a Second Language beyond the purview of the school's capabilities or capacity.
3) If a student who left Ihsan School under special circumstances, such as but not limited, to expulsion, poor disciplinary or academic record.
4) If a student's academic or discipline record, and/or letters of reference from the previous school, reflect deficiencies.
5) If a student scores below Ihsan School standards in the pre-admission tests.
6) All new or returning students must have a satisfactory disciplinary record for Middle School and a good standing discipline record for Elementary School.
To be admitted, students in grades Preschool, Kindergarten and First must be of a certain age by the cut-off date.
1) Preschool: Student must be at least 3 years of age when he/she starts school. The student must be fully toilet trained and able to feed himself/herself to enter the preschool program.
2) Kindergarten/Grade - K: Student must be 5 years of age by December 31st, including returning students. The student must also show sufficient academic and social readiness in order to enroll.
3) Grade 1: Student must be 6 years of age by December 31st. Students registering in First grade and up will not be permitted to enroll if he/she cannot speak, write, and comprehend English according to the grade level assigned.
4) Grade 1-8: Students must pass the admissions test along with an approved student evaluation form from the previous school. One evaluation form is completed by an administrator, the other by the previous school’s classroom teacher.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 315-472-5040 or firstname.lastname@example.org, our administrators will be happy to guide you through the process.
1. Completion of enrollment application along with the registration fee is mandatory for the start of the admission process.
2. Open enrollment for Pre-school & KG: No pre-requirements for enrollment in preschool & kindergarten, except for being potty-trained.
For 1st - 8th Grade:
- Admissions test for eligibility: Students must pass a Math and ELA test to be eligible for enrollment.
- A behavioral student evaluation form is sent to the previous school as a way to screen students coming in.
- For any academic or disciplinary concerns: admission is subject to a 3 month probationary period. If your child is accepted, this will be on a conditional basis.
3) Once the above items are complete, and approved, then registration can be finalized.
4) A student will be allowed to attend classes only after admission is granted and they are fully enrolled in the school. All initial fees, must be paid in order to finalize registration.
5) The school reserves the right to deny or revoke enrollment if records show that false or misleading information has been provided.
6) ISOE reserves the right to reject any application of a student if it deems it not to be in the best interest of the school or the student.